Sunday, May 11, 2014

3 Desserts to Try This Spring





Almond Flour Apple Pie
Almond flour really gives this pie a different taste from your average apple pie. It's lighter, which is why I think it's perfect for the Spring season. A definite recommendation for gluten-free diets. It can be your warm, caramel-flavoured apple delight that doesn't feel too heavy when you're sipping some tea, watching the rain come down outside.


Chia Seed Pudding
If you don't want ice cream, and yogurt isn't doing it for you, give chia seed pudding a try. Imagine a cold vanilla pudding with a fun texture! My friend from Aim to Win got me hooked since she posted the recipe. You can play with the portions to get a sweeter or more tart flavour. Plus, vary your toppings for a fruity or nutty kick. A favourite of mine that I can't seem to make enough of. 

Mixed Berry and Angel Food Cake

I haven't personally attempted this one yet, but with only a 30 minute recipe, I'm bound to bust out the trifle bowl sometime soon. In Spring, you may have guessed that I I like cool, light and airy desserts which usually means a combination of fruit and whipped cream. If you happen to try making this one, sub in the berries for another fave - I'd probably do spin-off with peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment