Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: Dove Fresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo usually comes in a powder format or aerosol can and is made to absorb oil between regular washes so that your hair looks and feels refreshed.  There have been many mornings where I was in a rush and just could not manage to wash and dry my hair before my next appointment, or just times when my hair needed a refresher before a spontaneous outing.  Props to the beauty community for developing a product to tackle these exact issues.

You probably will not see a huge selection of brands with an extension of their own right now, but there are a few forward-thinking drugstore brands that have put some dry shampoos on the shelves already.  Some of them include Suave, TRESemmé, and Dove.  Of course, you can also try the more expensive brands like Bumble and Bumble, but I look to dry shampoo as a convenient alternative to hair washing, which means an affordable price.

I have previously tried the TRESemmé dry shampoo and I can't say that it's my favourite, but it does give my hair a refreshing scent.  In all honesty, my hair feels pretty gross by the end of the day and I seriously consider never using it again.

I started hearing really good things about the Dove version, so I decided to give it a try.  If I were to rate this product based on size, price, and performance (both look and feel), I would give it a 9.  It has a really nice, feminine smell, makes your hair feel lighter and its regular price is only $6.  I got it on sale for around $3.  You can't go wrong with $3.

Or so I thought.  I used this baby a total of two times before the can was empty.  At first, I thought that the can was damaged, but then I did some research and discovered that many other people have had this problem.  Here are some YouTube comments from warmvanillasugar0823's channel.


i bought this dry shampoo... and i like it, the smell, volume is ok, but it doest leave a sticky residue in your hair... downfall, is it me or does it seem like after 1-2 uses, the can seems close to empty? i threw one can away thinking it was a defect, bought my 2nd one yesterday, used it, used it again this morning and i swear the can feels 75% lighter! like i had been using it for 3-4 wks! i dont get that with my psst dry shampoo. it only costs $5, but still!
I agree I think im going to try one more bottle and then ditch it if it happens again because my bf used it try it out, and It felt full then I checked it the next day it was empty, and i had only tried a bit on one strand on myself I blamed him, and he sweared it wasnt him. I loved the bottle, the smell, and the way my hair felt.. such a waste of a good product =(
I do not appreciate having to wonder where my product went after only two uses.  This shouldn't even be a concern unless it's a tester.  And for that reason, I give this product a 0 on a scale of 1-10.  Hopefully, Dove takes this highly important concern into consideration and fixes the problem.  Until then, I might as well stick with simple baby powder.

1 comment:

  1. LOL a zero.
    So dry. (See what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete