Saturday, November 21, 2009

CREATIVE CAPITAL PITCH SESSION

Just a day ago, I attended the LIVE business competition hosted by the University of Toronto Scarborough where you go through two days of intense business case study situations. Now, I'm on this marketing high. I can't get enough of marketing in any of its forms and it makes me so excited that I know I want it to be be a huge aspect of my career in the future.

So, being on this marketing high, I've come accross something that strikes me as interesting. Check out this blog entry at Silicon Prarie News that features a bunch of people pitching their ideas. I thought the videos were so interesting, in that you can see the differences in the way they present - which style is more effective and why. Really makes me aware of my body language and tone when I'm speaking about something. What do my hands say about me when I'm speaking? Does my posture make me look intimidated? I once had a few executives compliment my colleague's way of speaking with her hands during a presenation we were doing together, and it has stuck with me since.

Kind of makes me want to be video taped in action. But not in the Miss Universe Trinidad and Tobago sort of way.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you that all the little bits add up to make a certain perfection.
    I was traumatized by the ease with which people could view that Miss Universe Trinidad/Japan video, by the way.

    ReplyDelete